Product Care DOS
- Do vacuum soil and debris from the sill or track prior to washing.
- Do use a mixture of mild dish soap or any non-abrasive soap and water to gently clean window and door frames.
- Do rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft absorbent cloth.
- Do make sure any weep holes are clear of obstruction and draining properly.
- Do remove the screens and wash them with a soft brush on a flat surface with mild dish soap and water.
- Do periodically check the weather stripping around all window and door sashes.
- Do occasionally lubricate all moving parts, including rollers and tracks with a silicone-based lubrication (any lubrication should be tested on an unseen part of the window to ensure no staining)
Product Care DON'TS
- Don’t use abrasive or caustic cleaners or solvents as they may damage the finish of your windows and doors.
- Don’t wash windows in direct sunlight, if possible.
- Don’t use a high-pressure spray to wash the windows as it may damage the insulation and glass seal.
- Don’t use sharp instruments or abrasive pads to clean the glass.
- Don’t attach anything to the glass, such as masking tape, as heat from the sun may bake the adhesive into the glass.
- Don’t use a silicone spray on plastic parts as it may damage them; use a non-wax furniture polish instead.