Care, Safety and Maintenance Tips
Atrium windows and doors are designed for easy care and maintenance. Just a tiny bit of elbow grease from time to time will extend the life and beauty of your windows and doors. Below are some quick and basic tips for caring for your Atrium windows and doors.
Product Care DOS
- Do vacuum soil and debris from the sill or track prior to washing.
- Do use a mixture of mild dish soap or any non-abrasive soap and water to gently clean window and door frames.
- Do rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft absorbent cloth.
- Do make sure any weep holes are clear of obstruction and draining properly.
- Do remove the screens and wash them with a soft brush on a flat surface with mild dish soap and water.
- Do periodically check the weather stripping around all window and door sashes.
- Do occasionally lubricate all moving parts, including rollers and tracks with a silicone-based lubrication (any lubrication should be tested on an unseen part of the window to ensure no staining)
Product Care DON'TS
- Don’t use abrasive or caustic cleaners or solvents as they may damage the finish of your windows and doors.
- Don’t wash windows in direct sunlight, if possible.
- Don’t use a high-pressure spray to wash the windows as it may damage the insulation and glass seal.
- Don’t use sharp instruments or abrasive pads to clean the glass.
- Don’t attach anything to the glass, such as masking tape, as heat from the sun may bake the adhesive into the glass.
- Don’t use a silicone spray on plastic parts as it may damage them; use a non-wax furniture polish instead.
Atrium Window Care Guide
Learn how to properly care for and maintain your new windows by downloading Atrium’s Window Care & Maintenance Guide.